Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, August 28
A complete of 54 MLAs of the 117 have been, together with Kultar Singh Sandhwan and Baljinder Kaur, allowed or cleared to take part within the Punjab Vidhan session on Friday.
Aman Arora and Jai Singh Rori have been additionally allowed to enter the Vidhan Sabha.
None of the Akali Dal MLA might be seen in the home.
The others, together with Leader of Opposition Harpal Cheema and others together with those sporting PPE kits, weren’t allowed entry.
AAP MLAs, who had are available in contact with their colleague who later examined optimistic for COVID-19, have been seen put on PPE kits to attend the Vidhan Sabha session on Friday.
A truncated, one-day session of the Punjab meeting started with obituary references to 23 departed souls, together with Gurdas Singh Badal, father of Finance Minister Manpreet Badal, former Olympian Balbir Singh and troopers martyred in defending the nation’s borders.
Others who have been paid the obituary references have been Hazoori Ragi Nirmal Singh Khalsa and former minister Hari Singh Zira.
As the Punjab Vidhan Sabha session resumed, the Speaker learn out the choice of the Business Advisory Committee stating that solely necessary enterprise could be performed. The query hour, name consideration discover and zero-hour stands cancelled.
After the Leader of Opposition Harpal Cheema was denied entry into the session, he mentioned “jungle raj” prevailed in Punjab.
He has additionally accused Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh of making an environment of worry within the title of corona, somewhat than upgrading well being infrastructure.
Cheema mentioned: “Important issues concerning the state had to be discussed in the House. The high unemployment rate; the atrocities on the Dalits, the Hooch tragedy and political patronage to those responsible for the spurious liquor sale; and, now the post-matric scholarship scam. The government is running away from the debate by not allowing Opposition to participate in the session.”
AAP MLA Aman Arora objects to pointless harassment of the celebration MLAs within the title of additional COVID-related precautions.
As state Higher Education Minister Tript Bajwa introduced the Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur State University of Law laws on the ground of the House, AAP MLA Baljinder Kaur reminded the Congress authorities to handle the prevailing establishments such because the Punjabi University whereas establishing new establishments.
She additionally drew the eye of the House in direction of the delay on the declaration of the outcomes of scholars learning in open faculty by the Education Department.
Proceedings of the House
- The House additionally handed the Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur State University of Law, the Punjab Bill 2020, and the Punjab Good Conduct Prisoners (non permanent launch) modification invoice
- AAP MLA Baldev Singh raised the difficulty of Rs 55 crore SC post-matric scholarship rip-off, by which title of the Social Welfare Minister Sadhu Singh Dharamsot has figured
- LIP MLA Simarjit Bains flags the Rs 55 crore rip-off report within the House. He factors out that Rs 248 crore was disbursed in violation of the FD tips. He mentioned the cash was reimbursed to the universities in violation of the principles
- AAP MLA Kultar Singh Sandhwan urges Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh to dismiss minister Dharamsot
- Heated exchanges between Simarjit Bains and Dharamsot witnessed. Dharamsot says he is able to face any enquiry
- Punjab Vidhan Sabha passes the Punjab Clinical Establishments Bill
- AAP MLA Aman Arora calls for probe into the GST invoice rip-off being probed by the state vigilance
- Aman Arora raises the difficulty of unlawful and liquor mafia within the state
- AAP MLA Kultar Singh Sandhwan targets SAD stating they need to make sure the clause of MSP would stay in new ordinances. Says Akalis have been misguiding farmers
The AAP MLA additionally raised slogans in protest of not being heard.
All AAP MLAs later sat on a dharna outdoors the Vidhan Sabha.
The AAP later shifted its dharna to the Punjab Bhawan. Party state chief Bhagwant Mann and Punjab affairs in-charge Jarnail Singh, too, joined the protest.
Vidhan Sabha Secretary Shashi Lakhanpal Misra wrote a letter to Leader of Opposition Harpal Cheema on Thursday evening advising him and different AAP MLAs towards attending the Vidhan Sabha session scheduled for 11 am on Friday.
Only MLAs Kultar Singh Sandhwan and Baljinder Kaur weren’t current within the assembly of the celebration attended by Manjit Bilaspur, who later examined optimistic for COVID-19. They are the one two celebration MLAs who have been allowed to attend right this moment’s session as per the protocol of the state Health Department.
Cheema mentioned he was alarmed on the policemen deputed outdoors his residence.
Emergency being imposed. The Govt. is detaining opposition forcefully in house. I’m being detained in my home in order that I do not attain Vidhan Sabha the place right this moment necessary problems with Punjab needed to be raised. @capt_amarinder‘s governance is popping into dictatorship. Shameful. pic.twitter.com/175JAzOHgn
— Adv Harpal Singh Cheema (@HarpalCheemaMLA) August 28, 2020
He had introduced his resolution to attend the meeting session right this moment regardless of the “advise” of Speaker Rana Okay P Singh asking him and plenty of different AAP MLAs to not attend the session as they have been “high risk” contacts of MLA Manjit Singh Bilaspur, who examined COVID-19 optimistic on Tuesday.
After a “thorough questioning” by Chandigarh Police, Harpal Cheema was lastly allowed to maneuver out of his residence to attend the session together with the opposite MLAs.
After 30 MLAs — almost 25 per cent of the power of the Assembly — have examined optimistic for coronavirus thus far.