Chandigarh, August 19
The Punjab Excise Department on Wednesday stated it had made GPS-enabled monitoring gadgets necessary in automobiles carrying ethanol, spirits and different gadgets to verify their pilferage for making spurious liquor.
The transfer comes within the wake of the current spurious liquor tragedy that claimed greater than 120 lives in three Majha districts.
“From September 5, no vehicle will be allowed to transport such products without tamper-proof sealing and GPS-enabling,” stated Excise Commissioner Rajat Agarwal. The GPS coordinates must be preserved by the unit for at the least 15 days from the date of completion of supply of a consignment.
The measures are geared toward offering checks on the transportation of additional impartial alcohol, ethanol, specifically denatured spirit, by the distilleries. —TNS
- The transport automobile is not going to be allowed to cease en route, besides in case of breakdown
- The manufacturing unit will then have to tell excise officer inside 15 minutes
- If breakdown necessitates switch of fabric, it is going to be performed earlier than an excise officer
- If automobile stops en route for some other cause, it is going to be assumed it’s for pilferage
- Distillery, transporter each will face motion as per regulation