Today News Online Service
Chandigarh, March 8
Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal on Monday presented the state budget for the financial year 2021-22 in the state assembly.
The social sector expenditure has been increased from Rs 2,320 crore to Rs 4,000 crore
For the social sector, Badal announced the following schemes:
- Old age pension increased to Rs 1500 from Rs 750
- Free travel for women in government-run buses
- Freedom fighter pension increased from Rs 7,500 to Rs 9,500
- 48,989 posts in state government to be filled in the first phase, against 1 lakh vacancies.
- Rs 100 crore assigned for BR Ambedkar museum to be set up in Kapurthala
- Government to increase the allocation under the Aashirwad scheme from Rs 21,000 to Rs 51,000
- Seven hostels to be set up for working women in Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Patiala, Mohali, Mansa and Bathinda