Tribune News Service
Mohali, August 21
In contemporary bother for former DGP Sumedh Singh Saini, a neighborhood courtroom as we speak allowed the Punjab Police so as to add homicide cost towards him in reference to the kidnapping and disappearance of former CITCO worker Balwant Singh Multani.
With Judicial Magistrate Rasveen Kaur issuing orders for together with Section 302, IPC, within the earlier FIR filed towards Saini, the previous DGP is more likely to be arrested throughout the subsequent three days. This follows adjuration made in courtroom by two former UT police officers, Inspector Jagir Singh and ASI Kuldeep Singh, who’ve turned approvers.
Damning claims in Multani case
- Two ex-cops, who turned approvers not too long ago, gave
- proof towards Saini in courtroom and sought addition of Section 302 to the FIR
- They claimed to have witnessed Multani’s torture in police custody. They had been
- later instructed the CITCO ex-staffer had gone lacking
- They had been allegedly requested to declare Multani as ‘missing’ and an absconder on the then DGP’s orders, they instructed the courtroom
A particular investigation group headed by SP Harmandeep Singh Hans will now proceed to arrest Saini and different co-accused by Monday because the police must present the arrest in courtroom after three days. The SIT has issued summons to Saini after including Section 302 to the FIR.
Special public prosecutor Sartej S Narula stated they’d sufficient proof towards Saini.