Tribune News Service
Bathinda, November 14
A major fire broke out at a godown of gift items and toys at Amrik Singh road in Bathinda on Saturday night, said fire department officials.
The department said it received information regarding the blaze around 9.30 pm after which it pressed it all fire tenders (around 7-8) into service to douse the fire. However, fire tenders faced a problem controlling the fire as the godown was located in a narrow street.
Preliminary investigations indicated that the fire broke out due to a firecracker, but the exact reason would be determined after a probe.
The entire stock of gift items and toys stored in the godown has been gutted in the fire.