Bajaj returns to soccer


Vinayak Padmadeo

Tribune News Service

New Delhi, August 5

Months after promoting his household’s stake in Minerva FC, which had been rechristened Punjab FC, Ranjit Bajaj is again managing a soccer membership. The maverick administrator and his household have picked up a majority stake in Delhi Football Club, which is a prime division membership within the Capital.

“Yes our company has taken over the trust that owns Delhi FC,” mentioned Bajaj, who would be the director of the brand new staff. “The deal is structured in a way where I am on board as just a director… My wife’s mother (Navjeet Kaur) is the one who has got the majority (90 per cent) of share and the rest 10 percent is with the previous owners,” he added.

Bajaj has been linked to a number of golf equipment, together with East Bengal, ever since he offered his stake in Punjab FC in April to RoundGlass.

“Hunt was on for a club which had access to a full pitch and one which could be used for seven-a-side and five-a-side teams. In Delhi you have to hire grounds on an hourly basis. This would have been a big drawback for a professional residential academy,” Bajaj mentioned. “So we were able to find this club, which has a lease for another six years on a full side ground. It is a win-win situation.”



Be the first to comment on "Bajaj returns to soccer"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


%d bloggers like this: