Tribune Web Desk
Chandigarh, September 15
A girl died of electrocution in Chennai in an incident that locals have blamed on negligence, information portal News Minute reported on Monday.
A video of the incident that went viral reveals a lady that News Minute recognized as 35-year-old Alima making her means rigorously by way of puddles to work when she all of the sudden falls. The video, which got here from a safety digicam close by, doesn’t present the reside wire coated by a puddle, however reveals the girl cease and bend down to choose up one thing, and fall to the bottom a minute later. She was killed immediately, the report stated.
The News Minute report quoted locals as having made a number of complaints to Tamil Nadu Electricity Board to have the snapped wire repaired, however they are saying nothing was completed.
“The wire snapped 25 days ago and the electricity was passing through the water. The EB is simply telling us to call other departments. There are 16 members in our apartment and even a small child got an electric shock recently,” the News Minute quoted a resident as saying.
The portal additionally quotes one other resident accusing the electrical energy board of taking calls made to tell them of the incident very casually.
“We called the department and told them that a lady succumbed due to an electric shock and there was no proper response from there. Even the ambulance arrived only two hours later,” the resident advised News Minute.
A 35-year-old girl died because of electrocution in Chennai’s Pulianthope space because of an underground reside wire that was snapped. Local residents say they’d complained to EB a number of occasions however no motion was taken. Just surprising negligence! pic.twitter.com/fcas6kU5zv
— Shilpa Nair (@NairShilpa1308) September 14, 2020