Pune, August 9
A person was killed on Sunday when the wall of his flat collapsed after liquefied petroleum gasoline (LPG) leaking from a cylinder in his neighbour’s home exploded in Pimpri Chinchwad township in Maharashtra’s Pune district, police mentioned.
Seven individuals from each the households have been injured within the incident which occurred in morning, an official mentioned, including that the LPG cylinder remained intact.
Prima facie, the blast occurred after a lady switched on an electrical change in her home positioned in a housing society in Dighi space, he mentioned.
Police suspect the gasoline was leaking from the cylinder over evening.
The blast happened within the flat belonging to Surwade household, however an individual from Temkar household, residing within the adjoining condominium, died after the frequent wall collapsed because of the blast influence, the official mentioned.
“The explosion took place around 7.30 am when one Archana Surwade switched on the electric switch in her flat. The explosion was so powerful that the common wall between the flats of Surwades and Temkars collapsed,” Dighi police station’s senior inspector Vivek Lawand mentioned on Sunday evening.
Prima facie, the lady didn’t activate the gasoline range as believed earlier, however switched on the electrical change which led to the explosion because the gasoline was leaking from the cylinder and collected inside her flat, he mentioned.
Dnyaneshwar Temkar, who may need been close to the wall, acquired trapped underneath its particles and died on the spot, he mentioned.
His eight-year-old daughter additionally acquired accidents, the official mentioned.
Archana Surwade was severely injured as she acquired round 80 per cent burns. Five different members of her household additionally acquired accidents, the official mentioned. PTI