MEA: 7 Indians kidnapped in Libya launched


New Delhi, October 12

The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has thanked tribal elders and the Libyan authorities for the unharmed release of seven Indians kidnapped last month while they were on the way to the Tripoli airport to return home.

Indian Ambassador to Tunisia Puneet Roy Kundal spoke to them over phone after they were handed over by the abductors to their employer Al Shola Al Mudia.

“All of them are in good health and are currently staying on the company’s premises. We are trying to complete requisite formalities to enable their return to India,” said the MEA.

“We convey our sincere thanks to the tribal elders of the region and the Libyan officials for their steadfast cooperation in securing the release of our nationals unharmed. Both our Ambassador to Tunisia and local consular staff were in touch with them and the company all through the crisis,” said the MEA statement. The seven Indians had ignored a government ban on nationals travelling to Libya. — TNS



Be the first to comment on "MEA: 7 Indians kidnapped in Libya launched"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


%d bloggers like this: