Main fireplace erupts at fan manufacturing unit at Baddi in Solan

Ambika Sharma 

Tribune News Service 

Solan, December 7

A major fire erupted at an electric appliance manufacturing unit in Katha village of Baddi around 8.00  am on Monday.

Initial estimates put the loss at crores as a major portion of the unit, Yash Fans and Appliances, was gutted in the fire.

Though how the fire started was yet to be known, it soon assumed an alarming proportion due to the presence of inflammable material on the unit premises, said sources.

There was no report of any worker having been stuck inside when the fire broke out.

Fire tenders were pressed into sevice to control the blaze, which has spread in an area of around 200 metres. 

Plumes of smoke rising several metres high were visible in the area as fire tenders were yet to control the blaze even hours after the fire had started, an official said.

Be the first to comment on "Main fireplace erupts at fan manufacturing unit at Baddi in Solan"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


%d bloggers like this: