Maharashtra: Hospital’s licence suspended for overcharging sufferers


Thane, August 23

The licence of a hospital treating COVID-19 sufferers at Kalyan right here in Maharashtra has been suspended for allegedly overcharging sufferers and violation of different authorities orders, an official mentioned on Sunday.

The Kalyan Dombivli Municipal Corporation (KDMC) had acquired a number of complaints from sufferers about Sridevi Hospital charging them exorbitant quantities, the civic physique’s spokesperson Madhuri Phophale mentioned.

Hence, on the directives of KDMC Commissioner Dr Vijay Suryavanshi, its licence was suspended on Saturday by Additional Municipal Commissioner Sunil Pawar until August 31 or until the hospital complies with the official orders, she mentioned.

The order acknowledged that hemodialysis facility on the hospital will proceed, however admission of latest sufferers has been prohibited.

Also, KDMC’s medical officer Sameer Sarvankar has been appointed the hospital’s administrator with rapid impact for preserving a tab on its actions and compliance with the federal government norms, the order mentioned.

A show-cause discover was earlier issued to the non-public hospital and it was additionally warned, Phophale mentioned, including that KDMC’s flying squad had come throughout a number of alleged irregularities on the medical facility.

She mentioned the hospital didn’t report back to the civic physique concerning the therapy of COVID-19 sufferers on the 24-bed facility in July this 12 months.

The reply given by the hospital to the discover didn’t cowl the objections raised by KDMC and the power additionally supported its extra billings, the official mentioned.

KDMC’s Chief Accounts and Finance Officer S Ok Ubale, who oversees the actions of hospitals throughout the civic limits, mentioned this medical facility didn’t preserve a file of beds as per the 80:20 norm, and didn’t inform the sufferers about the identical.

Notably, non-public hospitals have been requested to cost common authorities charges for first 80 per cent beds and thereafter permitted to repair their prices for the remaining 20 per cent beds.

Ubale mentioned the hospital didn’t co-operate with the civic workforce constituted to examine the payments raised by the hospital, and had not given a single invoice for verification up to now regardless of a number of reminders.

The workers on the hospital additionally behaved arrogantly with the inspection workforce, he mentioned. PTI

 



Be the first to comment on "Maharashtra: Hospital’s licence suspended for overcharging sufferers"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


%d bloggers like this: