Gudiya case: Kin transfer HC for recent CBI probe


Bhanu P Lohumi
Tribune News Service
Shimla, October 15

Unhappy with the CBI probe into the Gudiya rape and murder case, the victim’s family today filed a petition in the Himachal Pradesh High Court, seeking a re-investigation under the supervision of a sitting HC judge.

Rejecting the claim that “woodcutter Anil Kumar alias Nilu was the lone accused”, Gudiya’s father alleged that Nilu had been falsely implicated to “shield” the real culprits.

LOOKING BACK

  • July 4, 2017: Gudiya goes missing; July 6: Body found in a nearby forest; Postmortem shows rape, murder; SIT set up

  • July 12: Suspects’s photo on FB deleted; Cops say 6 held

  • July 19: Accused Suraj ‘killed’ by another accused in lockup; Mob torches Kotkhai police station, people block road at Theog; HC orders CBI probe in both cases

  • July 22: CBI registers cases

  • April 13, 2018: CBI arrests woodcutter Nilu, submits charge-sheet a month later

“We have filed a petition for a re-investigation as the Supreme Court in its order had said that the petitioner should go back to the High Court regarding the grievances mentioned in the petition”, explained advocates Ashish Jamalta and Deven Bhatt.

In the fresh petition, the victim’s family has pointed out that the forensic report from Gujarat was not included in the CBI charge-sheet, that the medical examination had not led to any conclusion on the timing of the victim’s death, the status report was delayed and the charge-sheet was mum on the “missing socks and money trail”.

The victim’s father said: “I do not believe that one person committed the crime as the body bore several burn marks. The offenders appeared to be under the influence of drugs. We are yet to overcome the trauma of the tragedy. Some questions remain unanswered. Our Gudiya did not get justice”.



Be the first to comment on "Gudiya case: Kin transfer HC for recent CBI probe"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*