Kolkata, July 5
A hearth broke out at a godown filled with plastic gadgets on the second flooring of a multi- storey constructing in Burrabazar space of town on Sunday.
Eight fireplace tenders have been pressed into service to place out the blaze, which erupted round 10 am, an official mentioned.
It took the fireplace tenders over 90 minutes to douse the flames, the fireplace brigade official mentioned.
The blaze had unfold to different flooring of the dilapidated constructing, which additionally homes a number of different workplaces and godowns, most of which have been shut on Sunday, he mentioned.
“As the plastic goods godown was located next to a staircase, the fire spread quickly to the third and the fourth floors. The fire tenders were able to contain the blaze after one-and-hours hours. They are now busy dousing pockets of smouldering fire in the building,” he added. PTI