New Delhi, August 19
The Union Cabinet on Wednesday determined to arrange a National Recruitment Agency (NRA), a multi-agency physique, for conducting a Common Eligibility Test (CET) to display or shortlist candidates for the Group B and C (non-technical) posts.
The NRA may have representatives of Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Finance/Department of Financial Services, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) and the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), in keeping with an official assertion.
At current, candidates in search of authorities jobs have to look for separate examinations performed by a number of recruiting companies for varied posts, for which related eligibility circumstances have been prescribed.
Candidates must pay payment to a number of recruiting companies and now have to journey lengthy distances for showing in varied exams. These a number of recruitment examinations are a burden on the candidates, as additionally on the respective recruitment companies, involving avoidable/repetitive expenditure, regulation and order/safety associated points and venue associated issues.
On a mean, 2.5 crore to three crore candidates seem in every of those examinations.
A CET would allow these candidates to look as soon as and apply to all or any of those recruitment companies for the upper degree of examination. This would certainly be a boon to all of the candidates.
It is envisioned that the NRA can be a specialist physique bringing state-of-the-art know-how and greatest practices to the sector of central authorities recruitment.
Here are the salient options of the NRA and CET:
- NRA to conduct on-line CET twice in a 12 months.
- Registration of candidates, era of roll quantity/admit playing cards, show of marks, advantage checklist, and so on, will probably be accomplished on-line.
- The CET can be out there in plenty of languages. This would vastly facilitate folks from totally different components of the nation to take the examination and have an equal alternative of being chosen.
- The CET will probably be primarily based on a number of alternative goal sort query paper.
- The CET rating of a candidate will probably be legitimate for 3 years.
- Every district of the nation may have an examination centre, together with the 117 aspirational districts. CET to be performed at over 1,000 centres. Examination centres in each district of the nation would vastly improve entry to the candidates situated in far-flung areas.
Major aid to poor candidates
Presently, the candidates have to look in a number of examinations performed by a number of companies. Apart from the examination charges, candidates must incur extra bills for journey, boarding, lodging and different such actions. A single examination would cut back the monetary burden on candidates to a big extent.
Women candidates to learn
Women candidates particularly from rural areas face constraints in showing in a number of examinations as they’ve to rearrange for transportation and locations to remain when examination centres are distant. They typically even have to search out appropriate individuals to accompany them to those centres which can be situated distant. The location of take a look at centres in each district would vastly profit candidates from rural areas normally and ladies candidates specifically.
- No restriction on variety of makes an attempt by the candidate, topic to higher age restrict prescribed.
- Relaxation in higher age restrict to be given to candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PwD, and so on.
- Candidates would have the ability of registering on a typical portal and provides a alternative of centres. Based on availability, they might be allotted centres. The final goal is to succeed in a stage whereby candidates can schedule their very own exams at centres of their alternative.
- NRA to make sure higher entry to rural, underprivileged candidates and ladies.
- NRA will facilitate employment era.
- CET scores may be shared with central authorities, state authorities, union territories, public sector undertakings and personal sector.
- NRA shall conduct a separate CET every for the three ranges of graduate, larger secondary (12th go) and the matriculate (10th go) candidates for these non-technical posts to which recruitment is presently carried out by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), the Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) and by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS).
- Based on the screening accomplished on the CET rating degree, closing choice for recruitment shall be made by separate specialised Tiers (II, III, and so on.,) of examination which shall be performed by the respective recruitment companies.
- The curriculum for this take a look at can be widespread as can be the usual. This would vastly ease the burden of candidates who’re at current required to arrange for every of the examinations individually as per totally different curriculum.
- The Government has sanctioned a sum of Rs 1,517.57 crore for the NRA. The expenditure will probably be undertaken over a interval of three years. Apart from establishing the NRA, prices will probably be incurred for establishing examination infrastructure within the 117 aspirational districts. — PTI