3-year-old boy dies after swallowing coin; relations allege govt hospitals refused to confess him


Kochi, August 2 

A 3-year-old boy died after he unintentionally swallowed a coin at his house close to Aluva, with relations alleging that authorities hospitals the place he was taken to had refused to confess him as he got here from a COVID-19 containment zone.

Health Minister Okay Okay Shailaja termed the incident as “very unfortunate” and directed the Principal Secretary (Health) to submit a report after an intensive enquiry.

Stringent motion could be taken if any lapses had been discovered, she stated in an announcement.

The boy’s relations alleged that he was denied therapy as their residence fell in a COVID-19 containment zone at Kadungallur close to Aluva.

They stated the incident occurred on Saturday morning following which the mother and father took the kid to the Aluva authorities hospital, the place an X-ray was accomplished and revealed the presence of the thing.

However, the hospital authorities allegedly didn’t admit the kid.

A senior physician there claimed that the boy was not admitted as there was no paediatric surgeon and so he was referred to the Ernakulam General Hospital.

Doctors there examined the kid and referred him to the Government Medical College Hospital, Alappuzha, for higher medical care, the place too he was allegedly not admitted.

The medical doctors reportedly suggested the mother and father to present their little one fruits, which, they stated, would consequence within the coin passing by means of his movement.

The mother and father, who belong to a poor household, took the kid again to their house in Kadungallur.

However his situation worsened by night they usually rushed him to Aluva authorities hospital, however he died en route, police stated.

The physique could be handed over to the mother and father after post- mortem, well being authorities stated.

His swab has been collected for COVID-19 take a look at, they stated.—PTI

 



Be the first to comment on "3-year-old boy dies after swallowing coin; relations allege govt hospitals refused to confess him"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


%d bloggers like this: