US Presidential debate: Fee gained’t rethink shift to digital debate


Washington, October 9

The chair of the Commission on Presidential Debates says it is not reconsidering shifting the second debate from virtual back to in-person, despite a request from President Donald Trump’s team.

Frank Fahrenkopf told The Associated Press late on Thursday that the nonpartisan group’s decision was not going to be reversed.

That means the second debate is probably not going to happen at all.

The commission decided to make the October 15 debate virtual after Trump tested positive for the coronavirus. Fahrenkopf says the group wanted to “protect the health and safety of all involved” and that the decision was guided by the advice of the Cleveland Clinic, its heath partner for the 2020 debates.

Trump’s doctor, Navy Commander Sean Conley, said in a letter on Thursday evening that Trump would be cleared to resume public activities on Saturday, 10 days after his diagnosis.

Earlier on Thursday, Trump balked at the virtual event and said he wouldn’t participate. Biden’s campaign then said Biden would participate in a town hall hosted by ABC News on October 15 instead. AP



Be the first to comment on "US Presidential debate: Fee gained’t rethink shift to digital debate"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


%d bloggers like this: