Islamabad, September 21
Demanding Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan’s quick resignation, the nation’s main Opposition events have launched an alliance to carry a national protest motion to oust his authorities.
A 26-point joint decision was adopted on Sunday by the All-Parties Conference (APC), which was hosted by the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and attended by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Fazl (JUI-F) and several other different events.
At a joint press convention after the tip of the multi-party assembly, JUI-F chief Mualana Fazl ur Rehman learn out the decision and mentioned the Opposition events had agreed to launch an alliance named Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) to organise countrywide protests towards the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) authorities from October.
The decision alleged that the Khan authorities had been granted “fake stability by the same establishment” that interfered with the elections to deliver the incumbent rulers to energy.
In an apparent reference to the highly effective Pakistan military, the decision expressed “extreme concern” over the rising interference of the institution within the inside affairs of the nation and regarded it as a “danger to the nation’s stability and institutions”.
According to the decision, the protests would begin in phases. In the primary section, the Opposition events will maintain joint rallies in all 4 provinces in October. The second section will start in December. Finally, a “decisive” lengthy march in direction of Islamabad would begin in January. — PTI
- Countrywide protests in phased method beginning October
- Demand for re-election and electoral reforms
- No cooperation with authorities in legislative course of
- Collective resignation from assemblies at “appropriate time”
- The Pakistan Democratic Movement alleged that the Imran Khan authorities had been granted “fake stability by the same establishment” that interfered within the elections to deliver the incumbent rulers to energy
- The Pakistan military has dominated the nation for greater than half of its over 70 years of existence and has wielded appreciable energy