- Tell us something about your background…
I am from Uttar Pradesh, but was brought up in Delhi. Now I live in Rohtak, where I have my studio. I am into professional music for the last seven years. I have a tag — Kaka On The Beat Bhai.
- Was singing a childhood dream?
When I was 15-16 years old I developed a passion for singing.
- Being a Haryanvi song, Bholenath is doing quite well. What do you have to say?
I am grateful to Mohit Bansal and Shubham Bansal of Pellet Drum Productions for showing faith in me and launching Bholenath’s music video at such a huge scale. It’s a big boost for a regional artiste like me. They have a great sense of music and come out with futuristic ideas.
Bholenath is a song based on the love story of Lord Shiva and Parvati.
- How has been the response so far?
The response has been amazing. Within few days, we have already crossed 5 million views on YouTube channel and still counting.
- Arvindr Khaira, who had directed Akshay Kumar’s video Filhall, has directed Bholenath. How was working with him?
I am a non-actor and have never acted earlier in any of my music videos. I have done lip syncing, but in Bholenath, I have acted for the first time. Arvindr Khaira is the one who extracted the acting bit from me. He is a great director.
- How was the shoot during pandemic?
We shot in a village with a small crowd and took all the necessary precautions—wearing marks, using sanitizers and maintaining social distancing.
- Your fans are waiting for your next song.
The planning is on, and we want to do something big. I can’t reveal anything right now. The song should be out in a month or so.