- Tell us about your background.
I was born and raised in Mumbai. I have completed my graduation in mass media and majored in advertising. Thus, some of my projects involved making short films. I got an internship in Channel V. That is how I started developing an interest in acting.
- What is your opinion on television vs web?
I believe television gives importance to good looking faces. I got to work on TV show called Ishq Unplugged because the makers were looking for an unconventional face. Looks matter a lot on TV but on web the performance and talent matters more. The web space has honesty and reality.
- How was your experience in Thugs Of Hindostan?
Lengthwise my role was not so big but learning wise it was huge. I shot for 120 days for the film. I had most of my scenes with Mr Amitabh Bachchan. Off camera, listening to Amit sir’s stories was a great experience.
- One role which is close to your heart and why?
Hemant from the web series She. Because the directors, Arif Ali and Avinash Das, gave me full freedom.
- When can we expect the second season of She?
Very soon. We will be shooting in a couple of months. I will take forward my role and will be seen as Hemant again in the second season.
- What are your other forthcoming projects?
I am a part of Raj Nidimoru and Krishna DK’s new web series which will be Shahid Kapoor’s debut on web. And then I have Ayan Mukherjee’s Brahmastra along with Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt. I am playing Ranbir’s buddy in the film.
- What would be your dream role?
I am hoping to play a character on the lines of Umar Khalid and Kanhaiya Kumar. I would love to play something like that.
- If not acting what other profession you would be in?
The world of advertising.
- What would be your advice to all the newcomers in the industry?
The first thing they should ask themselves — why do they want to act? If it is only for the fame and money, then don’t do it. Do it because of the passion for the craft you have. And second thing I will tell them is to get proper training.