- What is Aapki Nazron Ne Samjha all about and what is your role like?
The show highlights the challenges a visually impaired young man faces in life. My character Nandini is a Gujarati girl. She is a free-spirited girl, who is naive yet smart and who has a lot of love to offer.
- Any special preparations for the role?
I began my preparation for this character by attending few workshops. It helped me get the Gujarati dialect right.
- How has been the experience of working with Narayani Shastri and Vijayendra Kumeria?
Vijayendra and Narayani ji are such warm people. They both are experienced actors and I just want to learn from this collaboration.
- You are an IT engineering graduate. How did acting happen?
I didn’t exactly know if I wanted to be an actor or not, but that desire to perform was always there in me. Post my graduation, I took up a job in Bengaluru and then later in Chandigarh and kept giving auditions whenever I got an opportunity. I didn’t have the understanding initially or the resources to take that step of formal training and hence continued to learn on my own.
- How has been your acting career so far? What all shows have you done?
I have done shows like Kumkum Bhagya, Divya Drishti, Naagin and Radha Krishn, to name a few. It’s been great so far. Working with the most experienced actors made me feel very anxious but with their support, I was able to overcome that, and also I learnt a lot from them.
- What was that one quality that helped you to become a part of the industry?
I always had an invincible spirit inside of me and it surely helped me gain the strength and courage I required to be where I am today.
- You have already done many commercials as well as television shows. What space do you enjoy the most?
The platform hardly matters to me. It is always the character that grabs my attention and whenever I enjoy playing a certain character, the space also eventually becomes equally enjoyable.
- How much hard work has gone into your success?
I still have a long way to go but I can surely say this with conviction – nothing comes without hard work. From pursuing engineering for four years to doing two consecutive jobs was indeed a challenging experience for me and then later making the most important decision of moving to Mumbai without much financial support.
- What is the driving force that keeps you going?
It’s very simple for me since I have always liked the sight of the set, camera, and crew. It is also the desire to perform which keeps me going.