- What made you take up the character of Alia Shroff?
The first narration touched my heart immediately. Alia is ambitious, a go-getter, and an achiever, these qualities really resonated with me. Additionally, her strong desire to become a mother on her own attracted me to the role.
- What kind of preparations did you do to play Alia?
I read a lot to prep for my role. At the same time, I wanted to keep it very natural. I had virtual meetings with the writer and the creative team to get to know Alia.
- What is your take on the IVF?
I think IVF is a great concept. It helps people who can’t have children naturally. I am happy that I am normalising this process through my show.
- On the sets do you mingle with your co-stars?
The sets are a fun place. Everyone exudes positive energy and believes in teamwork. I am a bit reserved by nature. Aashay (my co-star) is more playful, but our work rapport is solid. He is co-operative and supportive.
- What did you do in the lockdown?
I spent my time with my family and explored myself. I purchased a new house in Mumbai. I was busy doing the interiors. That took a lot of time.
- How comfortable are you working in the new normalcy?
The production team and the channel have been considerate and careful with all members of the crew. There are safety guidelines that are followed on the sets. Everybody’s temperature and oxygen levels are checked, and the crew members always have their masks on.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
I spend time with my pet and my family. Sometime I browse Internet to read articles.
- What is your focus now as an actor?
I would like to do roles which carry a lot of substance. The show should have a message but it should also be entertaining.