- How does it feel to be associated with Ishq Mein Marjawaan 2?
I feel elated to be a part of Ishq Mein Marjawaan 2. The show is a massive hit and the character I get to play is very intriguing. Such associations give a sense of satisfaction.
- Do you ever fear that your show can get lost in the crowd with so many thrillers coming up?
I don’t think there is any reason to fear the competition. The show has been running for a year now, the audience is connected to the characters. As long as the audience is getting what they want to see, things are sorted.
- Have you been following the show?
I know the story and characters of the show. It definitely looks different from other shows since day one. The pace and treatment to the scenes will vary now, as the show is moving to OTT. There will be a sense of freedom in all aspects.
- What kind of shows are you open to doing on TV?
I am open to do any show that would excite me by its concept, storyline and character. Makers know the business. We have seen instances where the makers have experimented in terms of narrative and treatment, and the shows have bombed, while there are meaningless shows running for decades now. It is the simple rule of demand and supply.
- Nowadays TV shows are making a great transition to OTT. What are your thoughts?
The audience is ever-evolving and storytelling needs to evolve accordingly, I feel the transition of TV shows to OTT will cater to a larger audience in future. Hence, it’s the right way to do it.
- Does typecasting of actors happen on OTT too?
It is very difficult to avoid being typecast, in any medium. One way to avoid that is to choose a variety of scripts and characters with a lot of conviction. I choose roles carefully.
- What else is there in the pipeline?
My film Banaras Vanilla is coming out soon. There are other projects too. Till then, I am completely focusing on Vyom in Ishq Mein Marjawaan 2.
- Your take on producer duo Yash and Mamta Patnaik…
I look up to the producers Yash sir and Mamta ma’am. The way they have taken Beyond Dreams to where it stands today, I don’t think there is any actor in the TV world who doesn’t want to be a part of their family.