- With kids being a part of the show, does it solely cater to the younger generation or is this more of a family show?
I believe it is a family drama that everyone will be able to relate to. Though it deals with some real issues of the adult world, it is presented through the filter of these two young kids and hence, everyone will surely have a good time watching it.
- Does the show delve into the impact of parents’ fights on kids?
Kyun Rishton Mein Katti Batti showcases two adults going through a very rough patch. How their innocent children perceive these issues and see their parents get distant and how they earnestly hatch a heart-felt, perhaps silly, but genuine plot to bring them back together is the crux of the story.
- What kind of preparations did you do for the show?
My character comes with a mix of emotions and hence it was imperative for me to completely understand Shubhra. I created an image of her in mind to be able to bring her alive.
- Of late, many shows have gone off air. Are you worried that Kyun Rishton Mein Katti Batti might not hit the right spot?
It is extremely unfortunate to hear such news. There is a very different perception that this show aims to depict, and we do hope that the audience will enjoy the fresh perspective it brings while also somewhere connecting with Shubhra and Kuldeep’s journey.
- Tell us about your experience working on the show so far…
The shoot has been going great and I am really having a good time exploring my character, Shubhra. We had begun shooting for the show initially in February and resumed once again after the lockdown.
- How is your bond shooting with the two kids on the show?
Working with kids is a surreal feeling. Pratyaksh and Mannat, who play Rishi and Roli, are absolute gems. We are all very attached to these kids and I must say that we have fun shooting for the show.
- Has working with children given you thoughts about exploring motherhood?
Well, working with them has certainly evoked a motherly emotion in me. They have made me feel the exquisite motherly side of myself and right now that is one of the best feelings.