- What made you say yes to Dr Advait Khanna’s character in Anupamaa?
The main reason is Rajan Shahi. I love and admire him, both as a person and for the kind of work he does. Dr Advait Khanna has many layers to him. Hopefully, we shall be exploring all those in the episodes ahead.
- How much do you relate to your character?
I am a lot like Dr Advait Khanna in real life. I also dream of having my own farmhouse somewhere in the mountains or may be in Goa, where I would do organic farming; chill out with friends and family, help people, ride motorcycles and so on! A carefree life, devoid of any tension, is what I crave for, much like him.
- What according to you is the reason behind Anupamaa’s success?
I truly believe that Anupamaa is a landmark show on Indian television as many women are identifying with the story, which is huge, and is a very difficult thing to achieve.
- In Anupamaa, you are flaunting a long-hair look; has it been doing wonders?
Yes! It was surprising because normally actors with short hair are preferred. We don’t see people with long hair on Indian television for some strange reason, but Rajan has always been brave!
- Your fans are seeing you on TV after three years and enjoying every bit of it. Any special message for them?
I hope my fans continue to like the show.
- You made your debut with Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin in 2003. Do you think the TV industry has changed over the years?
There are a lot more opportunities these days for everyone –right from actors, directors to writers. If you have the talent, then there’s a lot of scope for everyone.
- How do you keep yourself motivated?
I’m a positive person in real life and that’s what reflects in my social media posts too. They are not about the houses I own or cars I drive, and I also don’t use it to publicise myself. My posts are more about my mindset, how I am feeling about a particular day.
- It also seems you have a knack for photography. Is that true?
There was a time when I was big-time into photography. I love capturing beautiful moments.
- You have done films, TV and web content. Which platform do you enjoy working on the most and why?
I would say films because you have ample time to prepare for your character and improve your performance.