- How has been your professional life so far?
I am from Allahabad and have done theatre at Delhi’s Shri Ram Centre. It has been five years in Mumbai and I did many plays with Salim Arif. Then television shows happened. Apart from this I also have done commercials.
- How was your initial struggle in Mumbai?
I am the only actor in my family and I had no Godfather in Mumbai. I used to go to different places for auditions. I have really worked hard to get a toehold.
- What was the turning point?
Web series Madhuri Talkies. The script was challenging. For the role I had lost 14 kg and people liked my work.
- Right now you are shooting for the series Taav. Tell us about it.
The series is being directed by Sanjay Shastri, in which I am playing the lead. The story is based in Kanpur. This is the first time a big web series is being shot there. I am liking the vibes of the city.
- TV, theatre, web series — which one do you like the most and why?
Theatre is something which I will always like to do. Though there is less money, you get a lot of satisfaction. Web series gives you the recognition which an actor craves for.
- What kind of films and shows do you watch?
I love to watch world cinema and also Hindi films. My aim is to see how directors utilise the actor’s talent. I also take inputs from them.
- Who is your inspiration in life?
My family. They have supported me always. Initially, I used to lie to them and go to the gym to get my physique in shape. But gradually they came to know how much I love my craft. My father Rakesh Kumar Wahi gave me an advice which I have always followed. He asked me to work hard with honesty and the rest would follow.
- Which actors do you look up to?
I love Manoj Bajpayee and Pankaj Tripathi. One actor with whom I would love to work with is Amitabh Bachchan.
- Any particular role/character you would love to play on screen?
I am a huge fan of the film Joker. If I ever get a chance, I will perform the lead role.