- How has your journey in the industry been so far?
I am from Udaipur and came to Mumbai to pursue graduation. But I dropped out from the B. Com course and joined Whistling Woods Films School run by Mukta Arts. Most of the initial learning happened there and after that I assisted well-known casting director Nandini Shrikent in two films – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and Game. Then I have done a Disney series titled Ishaan and after that work has been regular, so the journey has been good so far.
- Do you feel Gully Boy’s role was a game-changer for you?
It was a culmination of all the hard work I have put in. It was definitely an assurance that I was on the right track.
- What inspires you to act?
Adrenaline rush. I wanted to become a sportsman, but I was not good in any sport! Acting is something that I have always loved.
- Any actor whom you look upto?
Tom Cruise, Kristen Bell and the late Irrfan Khan.
- What’s your role in Pagglait?How was the experience of working with Sanya Malhotra?
I can’t reveal much, but it’s a very interesting role. Talking about Sanya, she is amazing. She will do something new in every take. As a co-actor, you just need to keep your eyes open.
- Pagglait is releasing on OTT. How do you view this trend of digital premiere of films?
As an actor I want my film to release on the 70-mm screen, but this is the need of the hour. There is a different way of storytelling that happens in the web space.
- What is your focus now as an actor?
I would like to be part of more crossover films. After Gully Boy, I have made my own bucket list and I am happy that now I am getting my kind of roles. Films have been always close to me. I love the medium.
- What is your next project?
I will be seen in web series Farrey and Candy. As an actor, my transformation in these projects is amazing.