- What does fashion mean to you?
When some new trend catches everyone’s attention, many people start following it and then that particular style becomes a fashion. I follow trends, sometimes even become a part of them, but then I have my individual taste. Fashion, for me, is being comfortable.
- An actor is expected to adapt to new styles depending on what’s in. Do you agree?
When it comes to onscreen looks, I prefer listening to the stylist, show-maker and the channel decides on what would suit the onscreen character. Every character demands a certain look, style and feel. The producers, creative team and channel are the best people to take a call regarding the same. I also rely on feedback from the audience.
- What are your ‘comfort’ clothes?
Comfort clothes are shirts, t-shirts… because it’s summer time. During winter, I like to wear polo neck shirts and jackets.
- Are you comfortable playing a character whose fashion sense is completely opposite to yours?
Yes, of course. I am usually kicked about doing something that I’m not comfortable doing in real life. Such challenges get the best out of you, push your growth!
- At times, in all public appearances actors are expected to dress up like the characters they are playing — how do you deal with such situations?
That’s a part of your job. When you are playing a character and people accept you in that avatar, they understand why you are looking like your character even in the real world.
- Do you feel actors go overboard at times while following fashion trends?
It’s not something people do intentionally, maybe they don’t know where to stop. But that’s alright, we all learn from our mistakes. Also, actors have to live up to the expectations of fans. Sometimes going too bold seems to be the only way to make a style statement, stay in the limelight.
- Do you think six-pack abs is an advantage?
It is not the only thing that one looks for in an action film. But yes, it is one of the most important aspects for a character’s look because the director imagines you as a character first and then sees your acting talent. It has helped me.
- What outfit would you pick for a date night?
A well-tailored suit.
- What is the one style accessory you feel is not useful?