- What made you say yes to this show?
It’s the amazing star cast and the beautifully written storyline. I am very fortunate to be a part of this show that gives out a strong message.
- Tell us more about your role?
I play Durga, the lead role. She is a simple village girl who is an ardent devotee of Mata Rani. She marries a helpless young man, Dev, in order to protect him from the evil forces.
- How is it different from any other fiction shows?
The show gives out the message that we don’t meet people by coincidence. We are meant to cross path with one another for a reason.
- The concept of the show is being compared to a South Indian mythology show on the Star Network. What are your comments?
Yes, there have been shows on Star Network on the same concept and they have done extremely well, hence we wanted our Hindi speaking audience also to experience it.
- Back to shooting and that too during the pandemic. How has been the experience so far?
Like every artiste, I felt at home on the set. Things have changed but the vibe has remained same. There is a different kind of happiness that comes while facing the camera. Speaking in terms of safety, a lot of precautions have been taken. We adhere to social distancing as soon as our shot gets over. Wearing mask is a priority that everyone keeps in mind.
- Are there any cut down on payments post the lockdown?
For me the only thing that matter is the opportunity to connect with the audience and that is the best form of gratification for an actor. I feel this not the time to think about pay cuts. As an actor my job is to perform and entertain audience.
I think the lockdown has got families together and I have cherished each and every moment with my family.