- What made you take up a show which is about the journey of three women?
The storyline has beautiful love stories, action scenes and people’s sufferings during Partition. Now, with a leap of four years, the makers are recreating the era of 1951 and have planned many new things for the viewers. The concept of the show is unique.
- Tell us about your character.
My character Veer is a self-destructive and brooding guy, who is an alcoholic as well. This is a unique role for me.
- What changes do you intend to bring in the mindset of the viewers?
It is a story of courage, struggle and sacrifice of three girls. I will be opposite Gracy and I think every individual should support women and stand by them at every step of life, that’s what my character Veer would be seen doing.
- You will play an alcoholic. Any special preparation for the same?
No. I wanted to go as per the vision of my writer and director as they are the brain behind Veer. So, I follow their instructions.
- Do you find any similarity between your character and you?
I am completely different from the character I am playing. Veer represents a self-destructive man and an alcoholic, which I am not. However, that’s where the role of an actor comes in. My only goal is to make sure that the audience understands where Veer is coming from, to justify his actions and emotions.
- Are you open to working on the OTT platform?
Yes, if I get an opportunity, I will surely give it a shot. It will be a challenge for me.