With a strained relationship to fix, an uncharted path to conquer and unceasing support from her fans, Rubina Dilaik entered Bigg Boss 14 and emerged as a winner. As she lifted the Bigg Boss trophy on Sunday, we had a one-to-one with the actress about her BB experience, her plans for re-marriage and more:
- You initially did not want to become a part of this show. Eventually, your husband Abhinav Shukla also joined. How did things work out?
I am happy and have absolutely no regrets. The whole purpose of coming to Bigg Boss with my husband was to transform my relationship with him. I can proudly say it has transformed and evolved.
- It would be safe to say that Bigg Boss house gave a new meaning to your marriage. Right?
In our lives we have options and choices. But in the house of Bigg Boss there is no escape and all we have to face and resolve our issues. This game was an opportunity to understand each other, shape our relationship further.
- Looking back, how was your BB experience?
One of the most important lessons I have learnt is – every failure is a stepping stone towards success. Do not be ashamed to embrace your flaws and mistakes because those things will define you.
- Will you be in touch with anyone from BB in the outside world?
The relationships which I have made inside the house will of course evolve and transform. The ones which turned bitter, I have left them behind and I will begin my equations with them on a clean slate.
- You were the only contestant who stayed in the house for 143 days, from start till end. What kept you going?
My promise to myself every day that I want to inspire people with my own journey by living it earnestly and honestly.
- Will you miss the BB house?
I will surely miss the baritone voice of Bigg Boss. I will miss being in that house.
- What changes will this victory bring in your career?
I don’t know about changes, but I have become a better judge of my own personality and that will help me in taking better decisions related to my career.
- Abhinav asked you recently to get married again? Is that happening?
It is happening for sure. We will sit and discuss the process once I get time.