Tribune Web Desk
Chandigarh, April 5
Akshay Kumar has shared a statement saying that he has been hospitalised as a precautionary measure after testing positive for COVID-19 on Sunday.
“Thank you everyone for all your warm wishes and prayers, they seem to be working I am doing fine, but as a precautionary measure under medical advice, I have been hospitalised. I hope to be back home soon. Take care,” the actor wrote in an Instagram post on Monday morning.
“I wish to inform everyone that, earlier this morning, I have tested positive for COVID-19. Following all the protocols, I have immediately isolated myself,” the 53-year-old actor wrote on Sunday, adding, “I am under home quarantine and have sought necessary medical care. I would sincerely request all those that have come in contact with me to get themselves tested and take care. Back in action very soon!” he had said on Sunday.
Apart from Kumar, as many 45 crew members working on the film have tested positive for COVID-19.
BN Tiwari, President, Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE), said a crew of nearly 100 was set to begin filming in Madh Island from April 5 but when the mandatory COVID-19 tests were done, 40 junior artistes tested positive.
“They all have been quarantined after testing positive. Out of those, 40 were junior artistes while the rest were Akshay’s make up team, their assistants. Now the shooting has been halted indefinitely,” Tiwari told PTI.
After his diagnosis, Kumar had urged all those who came in contact with him to also get themselves tested.
“I would sincerely request all those that have come in contact with me get themselves tested and take care. Back in action soon!” he wrote on Sunday.
On March 30, 18 unit members of Madhuri Dixit-judged reality show ”Dance Deewane” had tested positive for COVID-19.
Mumbai recorded its highest single-day spike of 11,163 new coronavirus cases on Sunday, pushing the city’s caseload to 4,52,445.–with PTI