Model-actress Poppy Jabbal made her debut with Punjabi film Mahi NRI opposite Harrdy Sandhu. She has also featured in Punjabi film Uda Aida and some web series. Looking forward to her upcoming Punjabi film Welcome Bhua Ji, she talks about her journey so far
- What are the things you look at before signing a film?
The script, the impact my part will have on the story, the director… All three are important. A director is the story-teller, so it is extremely important to work under the supervision of a director and understand his point of view.
- Your upcoming Punjabi film Welcome Bhua ji, directed by Smeep Kang, is complete now. How do you rate him as a director and how was it working with Binnu Dhillon in the film?
Who am I to rate Smeep sir? He is a stalwart of the industry; it is my privilege to work with him and Binnu Dhillon, who is a fabulous actor. His comic timing, improvisations and understanding of the scenes are incredible.
- What is next on your wish-list?
I have just started my third film. I want to be a part of important stories. I would like to do a new-age, real-life story; maybe as a Punjabi web series.
- You have worked in Punjabi cinema and web series. Which space do you enjoy the most?
I enjoy both. I love working in Punjab, it is so different from Mumbai, people are so different; work culture is easy and fun.
- What are your upcoming films and web projects?
Punjabi film Welcome Bhua Ji and web show Udan Patola are my upcoming projects. Another web show Punch Beat 2 is being filmed.
- How would you describe yourself as a person?
I am a fun-loving person; extrovert, free-spirited, emotional and caring.
- Which is your best work so far?
Uda Aida holds a special place in my heart
- What is the one hidden talent you possess that not many know of?
I paint a lot of abstract art on big canvases.
— Dharam Pal