Actress Aashi Sharma who has been a part of several shows like Meri Hanikarak Biwi, Kumkum Bhagya and Crime Alert talks to us about her journey in the telly world so far.
- How did you become an actor?
I owe it all to my destiny. There was once an audition in Delhi of Endemol Production who were making a show called Emotional Atyaachar for Bindass channel. I just went to the auditions and luckily I got selected.
- What have been the landmarks of your journey?
I still don’t have something which you can call as a landmark but I am working day and night for it. If you talk about my work I have been in some of the good shows like Meri Hanikarak Biwi, Kumkum Bhagya and Crime Alert.
- Have you done any acting course?
Experience is the best teacher is what I believe in. I haven’t done any acting course. I learnt it all from the experience of giving auditions and acting on screen.
- What advice would you like to give to people who want to become actors?
The acting industry is like a sea; anyone can come but the important thing is you should know how to swim as a boat or a life jacket is not going to help you get far.
- TV actors are doing Bollywood and Bollywood actors are doing TV. The perceived value has changed. What’s your viewpoint?
I believe an actor is an actor irrespective of the medium in which he or she acts. There are some people who are narrow minded who just attach the tag of medium to an actor’s profile.
- Who are your favourite Bollywood stars and why?
John Abraham and Shah Rukh Khan. Both are from different backgrounds and had no godfathers in the industry and made it big with their hard work.
- What are your learnings from the industry?
Being an actor is not everyone’s cup of tea. You need to have a lot of patience and preparation.
- People say that luck makes all the difference in any actor’s career. What is your take on this?
I believe in luck, that’s how I landed up with my first project but you have to work hard, every day and night to achieve even a single audition for a project.